So I was on a 3 day juice fast and I did so well, I finished early!
Actually, I stopped the cleans on the third day because the thought of putting that red or green juice to my lips literally made me want to vomit.
I could not even swallow it at the end of day two.
In fact, during day two, every time I had drink the juice I was unable to finish the bottle and my final bottle of red juice on day 2, I actually ended up throwing out.
I did actually enjoy the cashew milk and I’ve been sipping on that the past few days, using it on cereal and in my oatmeal. Yummy!
So honestly, I don’t consider my self a quitter because I feel like quitting results from being too hungry or not being able to stand the effects of the cleanse where as I finished early due to the repulsive nature of the juices.
Anyways, here’s my opinion of the cleanse
1) I was never hungry. In fact, I felt like I was just constantly drinking and actually had to force my self to drink the liquids towards the end of the days.
2) I temporarily lost 4 pounds in 2 days and have gained 2 pounds back so far.
3) My stomach definitely shrunk – I can’t eat as much as I used to before the cleanse but I’m sure that will change in time.
4) It taught me that I can control my sugar cravings and to just say no. As a result, I plan to limit the amount of added sugar in my diet.
5) I felt no caffeine withdrawal symptoms, but I do plan to cut back two 1 cup a day.
6) I used to eat large amounts of roughage or dairy and would have digestive issues – so far I’ve had two vegetable heavy meals with no stomach aches.
7) On the day after the cleanse my head felt “clearer.” I was able to concentrate better at work and felt more productive. I also had a bit of an energy boost – surprising because the 2nd night of the cleanse I was awoke at 3am and fiddled around ‘til morning – my waking was not a result of hunger pains or any of the likings, I just plain couldn’t sleep.
8) On the day before the cleanse I felt a cold coming on, and it was a bit stronger on the 2nd day, but on the day after I “finished” my cleanse, all cold symptoms were gone and I can officially say I did not get a cold. I truly believe this was because of all the micronutrients I had pumping through my blood thanks to the juices.
So overall, I can’t find anything negative to say about the cleanse and it will probably be something I do again at some point, though I might search out a different version.
Now my only issue is…what to do with that leftover juice, it’s good through the 10th!